China 062

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

June 20, '06

June 20, ‘06

Great Wall. Weather was fine. Overcast and not too hot. When I came with Susan, it rained and I was in flip flops. The next time was sunny and hot. This time I chose the Heroes’ Trail. It’s extremely steep, but I hadn’t been this way before.

At lunch some discovered they liked an item but could not understand what it was. Turned out to be tripe. Also had shrimp, friend whole and eaten whole, and yam French fries. Among about 15 other dishes.

Ming Tombs. The Ding Ling tomb with the Emperor Wanli’s casket as well as his two empresses. Susan has been here too.

Took a walk in the evening. Chinese universities have walls and gates so they can be sealed off. I took an exit across railroad tracks along a long road that seemed to cater to neighborhood needs. The campus is a place where you expect to get away with some English. This street was very different. Lots of different kinds of people. It finally opened onto a larger street. A lot of haze in the air.

Some of the students went to Sam’s (one of them had a card). Others went to the shopping area again in downtown area, some especially to get Western food.

Cal Poly Pomona guy and King College student helped with computer. Able to run a virus scan that got rid of almost a score of them. Two remained on. By typing them into search, we deleted them. So I was able to get back on the computer. Sent messages to Susan and Myra, but nothing appeared in sent mail. Susan sent me an email noting that I got back on the blog. So I can receive emails but not send them. Did another virus scan just now, and none were found.

When I try to reply to an email I get a runtime error message. Debug . Message says “line 61 ‘undefined’ is null or not an object.” Sounds existential. Then a duplicate page of my Outlook web mail comes up. It happens each time after I select debug and then end debug. (Any suggestions, Myra or Barbara?)

Finally, my credit card gets an error message too (S: can you see if it has been blocked?). Perhaps, I’ll not be able to stock up on the edible wild tree fungus this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home